EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY
Job Ref. No: VHS/RAD/SON/11/19 Location: Nairobi
Closing Date: 15th December 2019
VitalRay Health Solutions is seeking to hire a Sonographer who will be responsible for performing diagnostic imaging services in the specialty of ultrasound. The desired candidate should be able to operate a variety of equipment to produce images of the patient’s body for diagnostic purposes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Explain ultrasound procedures to the patients and answer any questions that they may have.
- Perform all requested ultrasound examinations as required, ensuring to capture images of high quality.
- Prepare ultrasound reports according to established procedures.
- Organize and coordinate work schedule with fellow teammates to ensure workload coverage.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of all patients in the ultrasound department.
- Maintain high standards of customer service to our clients.
- Coordinate with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
- Work with radiologists and/or pathologists to schedule and assist in special procedures such as biopsies and ascitic tapping.
- Address problems of patient care as they arise and escalate as necessary to appropriately resolve the problems.
- Maintain ultrasound equipment and work area and maintain adequate supplies.
- Report equipment failures to the supervisor or appropriate staff member.
- Ensure that patient conidentiality is respected and that the dignity of the patient is assured and maintained at all times having regard to the Mission, Philosophy and Ethical Code of the Company.
- Assist in the development of clinical protocols, ensuring that they are reviewed periodically in accordance with the needs of the service.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences from Kenya Medical Training College.
- Higher National Diploma in Ultrasound.
- At least 1 year work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Compassionate and sensitive to the needs of the patients.
- Exposure to hospital management systems and good computer skills are key essentials for the job.
- If you are up for the challenge, begin your journey by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications by email are preferred. Please indicate the title and Job Reference Number as the subject of your application.
- All applications must be received by 15th December 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VitalRay Health Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of gender, religion, race, ethnicity or disability.